KEEPING YOUR CHILDREN SAFE
Grace Chapel takes seriously the safety and security of every child within our ministries.
Here's how we protect the children entrusted to us:
Mandatory screening & training
All staff and volunteers working with minors must complete our child protection training & screening process.
Ages newborn–6th grade are electronically checked in for all GraceKids activities.
Allergy, medical, & security alerts
Our check-in process gives parents the ability to alert workers to significant allergy, medical, and/or security issues.
We incorporate security measures throughout our facility to enhance safety.
Minimum 2 volunteers with children
Children aren't left in the classroom without at least 2 volunteers present.
Child Protection Coordinator
GraceKids has a Child Protection Coordinator appointed to direct our Child Safety training & policies.
Check-In & Check-Out
All children must be checked into Grace Kids ministries in accordance with our Child Protection Policy.
- Visit the check-in kiosk in the basement foyer.
- Follow the system prompts to check your child into the appropriate ministry.
- If you are a first-time guest, a volunteer will add you to the system and show you how to use self check-in.
- Place the printed nametag on your child.
- Keep the printed security tag for check-out.
- Drop off your child at the appropriate classroom.
- Your child must be wearing the printed nametag to enter a classroom.
Plan to arrive prior to scheduled start times to complete the check-in process before class begins.
- Return to your child’s classroom for check-out.
- Your child will remain in the classroom until checked out.
- Show your printed security tag to a ministry volunteer.
- When necessary, another parent or guardian may show the printed security tag for check-out.
- Only adults (18+) with security tags will be able to check out children.
- When volunteers are uncertain if a child is being checked out by the correct adult, the Ministry Coordinator will be contacted for approval.
Please arrive promptly for check-out to allow volunteers to join their families.
Questions or Concerns?
If you have any qeustions or concerns about our children's ministries or would like to discuss specific concerns, requests, etc, please contact Susan Karg, our Coordinator of Women's and Children's Ministries.